So obviously I'm not the best blogger, but I love reading other peoples blogs and find myself disappointed when they haven't posted anything new. I think it's probably unfair of me to feel that way since I'm way worse at keeping it up, and I don't think I should expect anyone to follow my blog if I'm not going to do regular posts. Just to warn you... those are just my thoughts and that does not mean that I'm going to magically be better at blogging, I will try though.
Some crazy, and wonderful, things have happened since February. We finally moved out of our one bedroom apartment into a two bedroom. This has had happy outcomes with regards to sleeping, both for us and for Jonas. A few days after we moved I found out *SURPRISE* I was pregnant again. After the initial freaking out... we were super excited, and even more so when we found out she was a girl. Cameryn Alexis was born, a month early, on 10/8/10. She was 5lbs 10oz and 18inches long. She was healthy and doing great just like her brother when he was born a month early. I actually went into labor on the same exact gestational day with both of them (although it was the second time I went into labor with Jonas). Everyone says I'm lucky that I don't have to carry my babies that additional month, but I think I'm blessed to have perfectly healthy, good-eating, babies who are preterm!
Being a mom to 2 under 2 is super stressful, I'm not gonna lie! Jonas has been so great though, especially for not understanding what was going on in the beginning. He is slowly starting to do big brotherly things like laying his head next to her, getting her a blanky when she cries and helping us know when she is awake. It's really only bad when they are both crying and I have to pick which one to take care of , while I leave the other one crying. Thankfully that doesn't happen too often. It's also really hard to see that Jonas isn't getting as much attention as he used to. I wish I could just play with him all the time like I used to.
Jonas is in nursery now and seems to be picking up a lot from the older children... like throwing things, hitting, throwing tantrums... it's not all bad though. I saw online that between 18 months to 2 years boys can say about 50 words and girls can say about 90. So I decided to count the words that we could distinguish that Jonas can say. He can say just about 40 words at almost 19 months. He went to the Dr. for his 18 month appointment and the Dr. asked how many words we could distinguish. I told him and he was surprised. He said that at his age kids are doing good with about 15 words! That's right, my boy's a genius ;) I'm just kidding, but I really am proud of him!
David is still on the job hunt, but things have been looking way, way up just in the past month. He has actually had some interviews, and he has been hired on in a temporary position within his field (Mechanical Engineering), which will be awesome for his resume. That job will go to the end of the year, and may turn into something more permanent (but we aren't counting on it). Hopefully he'll have something lined up by then though so I can quit my job and take care of the kids... right now we're having to have other people watch the kids until I get home from work.
Sorry there aren't any pictures on this post... but I'll make sure to have some good ones on the next post!
4 comments:
Oh my goodness, I can't believe you have two kids now! Congratulations! I'm sure you are quite busy with those two kiddos under two years old. :) I'm glad to hear that Jonas is speaking so well - sounds like a smart kid! And good luck to David with the job search.
Did David get my email about the job possibility? He never responded. I'm glad things are going well for you guys! Can't wait to see everybody!
Yay, you're back! Blogging seems like the last thing you want to do after working and taking care of two babies ;) I know how you feel! Blog when you can, I'm speak for all your blog followers when I say, "we want pictures!" (When you can). Owen is still looking for work too...it can be hard, but hang in there, good things will happen.
well its about time! haha glad to have you back!
Post a Comment