This is phases two and three respectively. Again, coming along nicely. But not without a fight. Getting the skin on has been a challenge. I've started with the back because it is flatter. And currently it is further along than what you see in phase three. Sometimes the balsa has failed in the skin and in the frame. I will be trying to apply skin.........crack! Just to let you know, every piece of wood on this boat is custom cut and shaped. (I think that's the funnest part). I just didn't estimate how much balsa needed to be in certain places. It's been okay: I just beef those failed parts up. Sometimes the glue is unmanageable. Many times I have had layers of glue and balsa on my fingertips and the skin still won't stay in place. Luckily sand paper does a fairly good job of getting it off without too much skin. The challenges now are going to be the very front, the top (which is shown half-way done), attachments for keeping the boat together, painting/waterproofing, and layout of the cool parts (aka motor, servos, rudder, gas tank, lights, and cooling setup). I am getting more excited towards getting this boat finished and useable. ------David
No comments:
Post a Comment